Healing from Loss
CA Bay Area Resources
As a woman who has both observed loss and experienced loss myself these are the resources I recommend.
- Healing Mama Trauma: in-person & virtual counseling & consultations, weekly ONLINE group support and rites of passage
- Still Birthday: a rich resource regarding pregnancy loss for both parents and birth professionals. Still Birthday offers training and certification for bereavement doulas.
- Loss Doulas International: certifies doulas to support during miscarriage or stillbirth and afterwards.
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep: provides photography services for stillbirth and infant loss.
- Compassionate Friends: an organization that provides in person support groups for bereaved parents.
- Still Standing Magazine: a resource for parents.
- Mending Invisible Wings: a creative workbook for those working through pregnancy loss. Also recommended for birth professionals dealing with vicarious grief.
- SHARE Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support: offers support groups and resources for families surviving a loss.
- The Miss Foundation: counseling, advocacy, research and education for grieving families.
- Faces of Loss: a place to share your story and connect with others who have survived loss.
- A Place to Remember
- Abortion Recovery International
- Miscarriage Association
- RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association
- Still Mothers: Living Childless after Loss
- Northern California SIDS Alliance
- CLIMB (Center for Loss in Multiple Birth)
- Through the Heart: Pregnancy Loss Support and Education
- Midwives Coping With Loss and Grief: a book for midwives about miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death.
- EarthMama*AngelBaby Organics: Baby Loss Healing Gifts
- Marin Perinatal Therapy
- Postpartum Support Center
- HAND (Helping After Neonatal Death) - grief support group
- HAND of the North Bay
Dates: Third Wednesday of every month
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Contact: (650) 367-6993
Location: Marin Community Clinic, 3110 Kerner Blvd. (on the Kerner Loop), San Rafael, CA 94901
- HAND of the North Bay
- HAND (Helping After Neonatal Death) - (415) 282-7330
San Francisco & San Ramon
- Pregnancy After Loss Support Group
Monthly drop-in group for individuals or couples who are pregnant after loss.
California Pacific Medical Campus (CPMC) campus, San Francisco
- Grupo Amparo
Twice a month group, Spanish-speaking support group, for people dealing with pregnancy loss or neonatal death.
- SAND (Support After Neonatal Death)
Berkeley (510) 204-1571
Fairfield (707) 646-5433
Twice a month drop-in support group for anyone who has experienced a perinatal loss from early miscarriage to soon after delivery.
Alta Bates Medical Center, Berkeley
- Perinatal Psychotherapy Services
(510) 594-4006, counseling and resources
- Beyond Choice
Twice a month support group for those who have had a termination due to prenatal diagnosis